New Career Opportunity – Learn the Benefits of Becoming a Pet Groomer
Looking for a career that is prospering in this depressed economy? Want to know the benefits of becoming a pet groomer?
If you love working with animals and don’t have eight years to attend veterinary school, you might consider becoming a pet groomer. The animal service industry is expected to grow by twenty one percent in the next ten years, according to the US Dept of Labor. See in the author’s box.
Here are a few of the reasons why grooming is fun and rewarding:
* The pet grooming industry is growing and expected to continue to grow in this slow economy
* The training time and cost to become a certified pet groomer is very low, taking months rather than years to complete
* You don’t have to have a college education or even a GED to be a successful groomer
* Working with animals fills your days with infinite emotional happiness and reward
* You get to bring your own animal children to work with you
* You get to set your own schedule
* You can work as little or as much as you want to
* You don’t have to get dressed up for work
* You get to stay physically active at work, this is not a desk job
* Every day there is different work to do. This is not a factory job
* The cost for your tools is very low to buy and maintain (typically included with your school training)
* You get tips at work every day
* Each day is immediate gratification when the dog owners are happy and pay you with smiles and tips
* You get to express your creativity through grooming
* You can make $18,000 to $75,000 annually
If you are looking for a great new career in the animal industry, you should give pet grooming serious consideration. The reward of working with cats and dogs every day is beyond words. Transforming a pound mutt into a handsome and desirable house pet is an incredible feeling. It’s great to wake up in the morning happy to go to work and to have the genuine appreciation from those that you work for. How many people are able to have their own pets with them while they make a living? Setting your own schedule and your own pace is one of the benefits of a grooming career. In as little as three months, you can become a certified pet groomer, earning a nice living, sending home freshly groomed dogs to owners that are full of gratitude. Not to mention that the tips you earn are a great bonus.
Pet grooming as a career gets very high ratings. It’s a stable career in any economy. The cost to get into the industry and stay in the industry is low. The tips are great, the pay is great, and the perks are great. Mobile groomers and boutique groomers alike, all say the same thing about pet grooming: Start your day happy and excited, end your day, happy and tired. How many people do you know that say they have a job they love?
Copyright 2010 DuAnn Lustig Chambers
Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article as long as you print the about the author information and keep all links active.